Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Close Encounter of the Hairy Kind...

In January 2003, the Midlands-based newspaper, the Express and Star, published an article titled Night Terror With a British Bigfoot that described a very close encounter with a mysterious beast near Staffordshire's Cannock Chase woods - a location notorious for its assocation with unusual and unidentified creatures.

The newspaper reported that the witness had described seeing a "huge, ape-like creature at the side of the road on Levedale Lane between Stafford and Penkridge." He told the newspaper that:

"I was driving my [Ford] Fiesta [car] down the road towards Penkridge and as we approached a house, the security light came on. I saw something in the corner of my eye. It was coming towards the car, running very fast. It wasn’t a dog or a deer. It was running like a human would run, but it was really hairy and dark. It came level and jumped at the car but just missed. My friend turned round and said it was huge and had run through the hedge and across the field. I turned the car around but there was no sign of it."

There are countess such reports from the Chase, and over the next few weeks I'll be posting all my archived reports here.

No comments: